2020 NAGDCA Industry Roundtable
April 30 – May 1
Hall of the States | Washington, D.C.
The Industry Roundtable offers industry members a unique opportunity to meet and discuss important legislative and operational issues. The meeting is exclusively for industry members designed to address concerns specific to their needs. We have organized the agenda to provide our members the maximum amount of information and opportunity for creative participation, while at the same time limiting your time away from the office.
Please note, NAGDCA does not have a room block for this event. Reserve a room today at your hotel of choice!
(before Feb. 28)
(after Feb. 28)
|NAGDCA Industry Member||$660.00||$710.00|
Hall of the States
444 North Capitol Street, NW Suite 237
Washington, D.C. 20001
NAGDCA does not have a room block for this event. Please book at your hotel of choice. The meeting will be held at Hall of the States located at 444 North Capitol Street, NW Suite 237, Washington, D.C. 20001.
Registration Cancellation Policy:
To receive a refund, a notice of cancellation must be made to NAGDCA in writing by April 15, 2020. A $25 processing fee will apply after April 15, 2020.
In the event that special circumstances such as serious illness, accident or death of a family member arise and the circumstances cannot be reported until after April 15, documentation to support the special circumstance (e.g. a physician’s statement) will be required in order to process a refund. No refund will be considered for special circumstances reported after April 27, 2020.
For questions regarding registration, please email email@example.com. For questions regarding the agenda, please contact Carly Miller, NAGDCA Program Manager, at firstname.lastname@example.org or (859)514-9161 for more information.
Optional Pre-meeting Community Service Project
Junior Achievement Finance Park®
Thursday, April 30 | 8:30 a.m. – 1:30 p.m.
960 Nalley Rd. | Landover, MD 20785
Join your NAGDCA peers for an optional volunteer project with Junior Achievement of Greater Washington scheduled prior to meeting activities on Thursday, April 30. There is no cost to participate, but you must sign up when you register for the Industry Roundtable.
Please note, this is not an official NAGDCA event and transportation to/from the project will not be provided.
About the Project:
JA Finance Park® is an innovation in experiential education designed to prepare students for life and work in the real world. Following 14 hours of JA’s unique in-classroom curriculum taught by teachers, volunteers will assist students as they practice newly learned microeconomic concepts and experience first-hand complexities of personal financial management as an earning, bill-paying adult for the day in the one-of-a-kind, state-of-the-art JA Finance Park® facility in Landover, MD. As a JA Volunteer, you’ll watch students step into the future and catch a glimpse of what’s possible if they take control of their financial futures.
What does it mean to be a volunteer at JA Finance Park®?
The total time commitment is 5 hours, including a 1-hour training scheduled for 8:30 a.m. – 9:30 a.m. on the morning of the event.
- You will use your training knowledge to guide students through different phases of the day, which simulate real-world budgeting decisions, spending research, and bill payment.
- As you guide students through the digital simulation, you’ll share your own life experiences and help them walk a day in your shoes. You bring the program to life.
- The experience of making real-life financial decisions in a risk-free environment lays the foundation for how students approach financial responsibilities in the future and navigate success in the dynamic global economy.
- Transportation: NAGDCA will not provide transportation to/from the community service project. We recommend using a rideshare or taxi service for transportation to/from the event. JA Finance Park® is approximately 9.2 miles from the Roundtable meeting venue, Hall of the States.
- Attire: Business Casual (i.e., no ties for men)
- Click here to learn more about the JA Finance Park®
- Click here to learn more about Junior Achievement of Greater Washington