The 2017 Quiz Bowl team spots are full. 2018 Quiz Bowl sign ups will open in early April.
The mission of the ANC Foundation is to advance knowledge in the field of public sector retirement security. The NAGDCA/ANC Foundation Retirement Knowledge Quiz Bowl is a competition for CFP and non-CFP degree programs. The objective of the Retirement Knowledge Quiz Bowl is to promote the profession of financial planning and advance knowledge in the field of public sector retirement plans.
The Retirement Knowledge Quiz Bowl will test students' knowledge in five areas of retirement planning (retirement readiness, retirement planning, retirement income, investments and investing, and plan design) and include both general and intermediate level knowledge and application questions.
The game-show style challenge is being held on September 26-27 in conjunction with the 2017 NAGDCA Annual Conference in Milwaukee, WI September 24-27.
Quiz Bowl information:
- Each Quiz Bowl team will receive $1,600 in funding from the ANC Foundation to assist with travel to the NAGDCA Annual Conference.
- Teams must consist of four students.
- Students must be currently enrolled in an undergraduate financial planning degree program.
- Only one team per school may participate.
- Quiz Bowl is limited to a total of eight teams.
- Students may only participate in one Quiz Bowl; prior participants are not eligible.
The student teams will compete in a Retirement Knowledge Quiz Bowl that will test the team's knowledge of financial planning and retirement issues. Each team will be presented questions from the Certified Financial Planner (CFP) and Certified Retirement Counselor (CRC) exams. All teams will compete against each other on September 26 and the top two winners will compete as finalists in a second round on the following day, September 27.
- Scores will be given for each correct answer. Incorrect answers will not receive any points.
- The top two teams, based on score, will be recognized as first and second place.
The top two teams will be awarded the following:
- 1st Place Team: $1,600 cash prize to the students ($400/student) and a trophy for the school
- 2nd Place Team: $400 cash prize to students ($100/student) and a trophy for the school
- August 18 – Competition application due from student teams
- September 24–27 - Students participate in annual conference networking and learning opportunities
- September 26 – Retirement Knowledge Quiz Bowl – Round 1
- September 27 – Retirement Knowledge Quiz Bowl – Final Round
To sign-up a team for the quiz bowl, please complete this form by August 18, 2017. Each team member should register for the NAGDCA Annual Conference; registration information can be found here.
For questions, contact NAGDCA HQ at firstname.lastname@example.org or 859-514-9161.