FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – July 20, 2020
Contact: Carly Miller, NAGDCA Program Manager
LEXINGTON, KY — The National Association of Government Defined Contribution Administrators, Inc. (NAGDCA) today announced the recipients of its 2020 Leadership Awards. NAGDCA’s annual Leadership Awards program is designed to recognize the brightest ideas and most innovative solutions from across the public sector defined contribution industry.
NAGDCA members were eligible to submit programs for consideration in four categories: Participant Education & Communication, Plan Design & Administration, Technology & Social Media, and National Retirement Security Week. Award nominations were reviewed by the NAGDCA Awards Committee, a group of volunteers who judge nominations based on originality and measurable results. After completing its scoring process, the Awards Committee selected the entities below as 2020 NAGDCA Leadership Award recipients.
PARTICIPANT EDUCATION & COMMUNICATION
- County of San Diego – 2019 Sheriffs Retention Campaign
- Employees Retirement System of Texas – Level Up Your Retirement Campaign
- Metropolitan Water District of Southern California – Save More, Do More Campaign
- Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) – Participant Education & Communication Campaign
- State of Hawaii – Island $avings Plan’s Action-based Educational Program
PLAN DESIGN & ADMINISTRATION
- Commonwealth of Massachusetts – SMART Plan Active Choice Enrollment Form with Auto-Increase Option
- County of San Bernardino – Automatic Enrollment Plan Design Enhancement
- State of North Carolina – Importance of Employer Contributions
TECHNOLOGY & SOCIAL MEDIA
- City of Austin – A Targeted Solution Encouraging Enrollment and Saving
- Johnson County, Kansas – Expanding Wellness Incentive Program by Incorporating Financial Wellness
- Missouri State Employees Retirement System – Enhancing Participant Outreach Using Web 1-on-1s and Webinars
- State of Hawaii & State of Vermont (joint entry) – Go Green
NATIONAL RETIREMENT SECURITY WEEK
- City of Los Angeles – The Best Plans are with your Friends
For details about the winning programs, please visit: https://www.nagdca.org/about/nagdca-awards/award-winners/.
NAGDCA’s mission is to unite representatives from state and local governments along with private sector organizations that service and support governmental defined contribution plans. NAGDCA provides an environment to foster growth in professional development of its members through networking with peers, educational opportunities and information sharing that includes comprehensive publications, reports and surveys. NAGDCA will promote and support federal legislative initiatives for the advancement of retirement plans.