FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE – July 8, 2019
Contact: Carly Miller, NAGDCA Program Manager
LEXINGTON, KY — The National Association of Government Defined Contribution Administrators, Inc. (NAGDCA) today announced the recipients of its 2019 Leadership Awards. NAGDCA’s annual Leadership Awards program is designed to recognize the brightest ideas and most innovative solutions from across the public sector defined contribution industry.
NAGDCA members were eligible to submit programs for consideration in four categories: Participant Education & Communication, Plan Design & Administration, Technology & Social Media, and National Retirement Security Week. Award nominations were reviewed by the NAGDCA Awards Committee, a group of volunteers who judge nominations based on originality and measurable results. After completing its scoring process, the Awards Committee selected the entities below as 2019 NAGDCA Leadership Award recipients.
PARTICIPANT EDUCATION & COMMUNICATION
- City of Milwaukee – 2018 Healthy Rewards Program
- Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) – ERS Texa$aver Two-Step Campaign
- NYC Health + Hospitals – Enrollment Campaign
- Southeastern Pennsylvania Transportation Authority (SEPTA) – Transition Campaign
- State of Alaska – Putting Alaskans on the path to financial readiness: winning the game of retirement
PLAN DESIGN & ADMINISTRATION
- Missouri State Employees’ Retirement System (MOSERS) – Transitioning Field Representatives to from the Record-keeper to In-House Employees
- New York State Deferred Compensation Plan – Online Enrollment Solution Launch
- San Mateo County – Automatic Enrollment & Auto-Escalate to Boost Savings Rates
- State of North Carolina – GoalMaker 2.0 Implementation & Investment Changes
- Wyoming Retirement System – Deemed IRA
TECHNOLOGY & SOCIAL MEDIA
- City of Austin Deferred Compensation Plan – Automated Emails and Digital Enroll Campaign
- Nassau County Deferred Compensation Plan – Web Registration and Financial Wellness Online Platform Upgrade
- Ohio Deferred Compensation – Crowdsourcing for Website Design
- State of California Savings Plus – One Minute Video Multichannel Campaign
- Virginia Retirement System – Hybrid 457 Deferred Compensation Plan Voluntary Contribution Savings Initiative
NATIONAL RETIREMENT SECURITY WEEK
- City of Los Angeles – National Retirement Security Week “Name That Year!”
- Employees Retirement System of Texas (ERS) – Texa$aver Get Financially Fit National Retirement Security Month Campaign
- Oregon Public Employees Retirement System (PERS) – Explore Your Financial Future – PERS/OSGP Expo ’18
- State of Hawaii – Maui Employee Benefits Fair Celebrates National Retirement Security Week
- State of New Hampshire – National Retirement Security Month
For details about the winning programs, please visit: https://www.nagdca.org/about/nagdca-awards/2019-award-winners/. The 2019 Leadership Awards will be presented to recipients during NAGDCA’s annual conference, which is being held September 8-11 in New Orleans, LA.
NAGDCA’s mission is to unite representatives from state and local governments along with private sector organizations that service and support governmental defined contribution plans. NAGDCA provides an environment to foster growth in professional development of its members through networking with peers, educational opportunities and information sharing that includes comprehensive publications, reports and surveys. NAGDCA will promote and support federal legislative initiatives for the advancement of retirement plans.
NAGDCA Program Manager