For many, a key benefit of working in the public sector is the availability of a defined benefit plan that provides guaranteed monthly income in retirement. Across the country, many governmental plans are facing significant headwinds to sustain their defined benefit plan, such as market volatility, inconsistent employer contributions, inappropriate benefit policies, etc.
This session will review:
- The current state of governmental defined benefit plans
- A case study on how effectively partnering a defined benefit plan and a defined contribution plan can provide an attractive employee recruiting and retention tool, and reduce retirement benefit costs
- The role defined contribution plans may play in the future including a review of the various types of hybrid plans
- 0.00 KB File Size
- September 9, 2019 Create Date
- January 8, 2020 Last Updated