It is essential for plan sponsors to understand their fiduciary duties in the context of our industry’s current landscape, including the potential for conflicts of interest, to achieve the best results for your plans and to anticipate concerns they may face in the future. Given the recent wave of litigation against ERISA defined contribution plan fiduciaries, lessons can be learned on how to scrutinize plan costs and provider services in order for their plans to remain competitive and attractive to their participants. This session is dedicated to educating attendees about the current state of fiduciary issues facing defined contribution plans.
Our panel of experts will discuss the following topics:
- Understanding fiduciary duties and responsibilities
- Best practices for public plan fiduciaries
- How litigation against ERISA-covered defined contribution plans is impacting our industry
- How to identify and address the potential for conflicts of interest
- How keeping plan costs down may be generating new risks for plan sponsors
- What fiduciaries can do to protect plan assets
Moderator: Melanie Walker, Segal Consulting
- Daniel Alexander, RetireAware
- Marla Kreindler, Morgan Lewis
Click here to view the presentation recording.
- 0.00 KB File Size
- September 10, 2019 Create Date
- January 8, 2020 Last Updated