The newest study from the PRRL reveals that the majority of participants in public defined contribution retirement plans favor three investment funds, despite access to a myriad of choices. “A Deeper Look at Asset Allocation” includes analysis and graphic representation of public sector defined contribution (DC) allocation for asset classes by age, tenure, plant type, salary, gender, and plan structure; i.e., whether the DC plan is primary or supplemental, voluntary or mandatory.
Key findings include:
- Allocations are concentrated in a few asset classes
- Allocation to equity correlates with target-date fund exposure, especially for those under age 50
- Young participants in supplemental DC plans have lower allocation to equities
- Females are more heavily weighted in target-date funds, males in equities
CLICK HERE to view the May 5, 2021 PRRL webinar, A Deep Dive into Public Sector Asset Allocation, to learn more about the findings.
- 3.12 MB File Size
- May 20, 2021 Create Date
- May 21, 2021 Last Updated