Nominations due – Friday, April 30.
Click here to learn more about award categories and eligibility details.
Nomination requirements have been updated for 2021.
Please closely review the guidelines below before submitting a nomination.
To be eligible for a Leadership Award, a nominated state or local government defined contribution/deferred compensation program, project, or activity must meet the following requirements:
- The program, project, or activity must have been implemented between January 1, 2020 and January 31, 2021;
- Must not only be making federally required changes;
- Governmental staff must have played a role in developing and/or implementing the program, project, or activity.
Nominations should include the following:
- A completed online nomination form (below).
- One PDF document containing:
- A one-page summary containing:
- Plan profile – type(s) of plans offered, asset size, number of participants, industry partner(s), etc.
- Background information – details about the need/problem that the project was designed to meet/solve for
- Goals – brief overview of the intended outcomes
- In their own words – brief quote (one to two sentences) from plan sponsor(s) or other staff justifying why the nomination deserves an award
- A written justification containing:
- Detailed description of the project – timeline, significance of the improvement to the operation of the plan, examples (e.g., images, screenshots, etc.)
- Results – key outcomes and measurable benefits (i.e., KPIs)
- Feasibility of use by other governments of a similar size