2020 Leadership Award Nominations
Nominations due Friday, April 17
Plans of all sizes are encouraged to submit nominations and asset size will be taken into consideration during the scoring process. Plans may self-nominate or be nominated by their industry partners. The winners are announced at NAGDCA’s Annual Conference, and the awards are presented by the NAGDCA Executive Board President.
The Leadership Awards nominees and their industry partners who receive the highest score in each of the four categories are eligible to receive the prestigious NAGDCA – Art Caple President’s Award. A task force of NAGDCA Past Presidents reviews the top scoring nominations and recommends a winner to the Executive Board who makes the final selection. The winner receives complimentary registration and travel expenses for one person to the NAGDCA Annual Conference where they will be recognized and presented with the award.
Leadership Award Categories
Includes: Communication materials used to engage and inform potential and current participants, as well as other interested parties about the importance of retirement savings.
Includes: Changes in plan design (e.g., Automatic Enrollment, Roth, customer service, etc.); and administration (e.g., online access to board manuals).
& Social Media
Includes: A technological advancement/enhancement in government processes, an app for smart devices, or a unique way of participating on social media platforms.
Includes: A campaign or specific strategy that raised awareness of National Retirement Security Week, increased enrollments/deferrals, and/or generated media coverage.
Details & Eligibility
- Nominations are accepted from government members only and governmental staff must have played a role in developing and/or implementing the program, project, or activity.
- NAGDCA welcomes nominations from all public sector defined contribution plan types.
- Nominations will be judged on originality and measurable results that led to a sound improvement in the plan.
- Templates or similar submissions from other government entities will not be considered.
- Duplicate nominations in multiple categories is discouraged. If submitting in multiple categories, please consider customizing the nomination for each category.
- Prior nominations will not be considered for an award.
- Plan asset size/plan resources will be taken into consideration during the scoring process.
- Awards will be limited to up to five winners in each category to ensure that awards are a testament to offering the best retirement savings plans.
- Winners will be presented with a plaque at the NAGDCA Annual Conference, recognized on NAGDCA’s website and in a printed publication distributed at the Annual Conference.
- April 17 – Award nomination due
- July – Award recipients notified
- October 5 – Awards presented to government members and their industry partners at NAGDCA’s Annual Conference in Seattle.